Latest Scoops in Latin American

Shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Melissa Friedling.

It's hard not to catch salsa fever when you come to Miami — you hear the music everywhere...

600x362
Paradise Cove by millerm217, Flickr

I'm back with Part II: expert tips from members of my Fairmont Miramar family. I've had so much fun this past year sharing my insider tips with you that I thought I'd let some of my colleagues...

600x362
Flickr: Simon M

I've had so much fun this past year sharing my insider tips with you that I thought I'd let some of my colleagues get in on the action. Here's Part One of some expert tips from...

Shot and edited by Ramon Campos

If going to the library is not your idea of a great night out, I'm about to change your mind. La Biblioteca de Tequila is a sexy subterranean bar with one of the city's largest collections of tequila and mezcal...

600x362

I love sushi just as much as any fish lover, but there’s another kind of raw fish that really says “Miami” to me...

600x362

I grew up with a Mexican mom who cooked hearty, authentic dishes from her homeland. With her cooking as my standard, I can be a tough critic when it comes to Mexican restaurants. Many of them — even those run by Mexicans — have adjusted their cooking to cater (quite understandably) to American tastes. But around Santa Monica, there’s one place that has stayed true...

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang.

There's a secret Mexican bar and restaurant in the most unlikeliest of neighborhoods...

600x362
The Lobster

In a beach town like Santa Monica, there’s one food that’s often on my guests’ minds: seafood. As you would expect, there are plenty of restaurants putting their own spin on the catch of the day, but I’ve got the inside track on three of the best...

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang.

It's summertime in the city, and there's no better way to enjoy it than with a round of refreshing cocktails, a few tasty tapas and a group of friends.

The perfect place for that? Oficina Latina, where...

600x362

Whenever I have a long day ahead of me, my secret to staying energized isn’t a Starbucks venti — it’s a little dose of java that packs a really powerful punch: a Cuban cafecito.   The general rule to making a good cup of Cuban coffee is that you only use the first 30 percent of the brew. That’s the most potent and condensed part; after that, the coffee...