Latest Scoops in Museums

Shot by Joshua Homnick. Edited by Ramon Campos.

When was the last time you walked into a museum and were encouraged to touch everything?

Musee Mecanique, a hidden gem at San Francisco's...

Shot and edited by Jack Gordon

There's a castle on Park Avenue that hides a history many New Yorkers don't even know. The richest men of the Gilded Age used this building...

600x362
Stanley Kubrick exhibit at LACMA

You could spend a day at LACMA —Los Angeles County Museum of Art — and get a taste of the entire history of world art (the collection counts 100,000 objects). But I recently visited for something a little bit different...

600x362
CarSpotter, Flickr

One Sunday afternoon, around this time last year, I was waiting on a subway platform with my wife and our two teenagers. All around us, people were doing the same, most of them with a destination in mind — home and a hot cup of cocoa, perhaps. But we were there just for the journey...

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang.

In New York, you can visit plenty of art museums dedicated to the works of artists long gone. But only the New Museum throws a world-class spotlight on living artists...

Shot and edited by Jack Gordon

While the crowds head to the Met, you should detour to The Frick Collection, one of New York's most dazzling and intimate museums...

Shot and edited by Ramon Campos

New York's oldest museum is new again. Following a three-year, $70-million renovation, the New-York Historical Society has been reborn with interactive touch screens and state-of-the-art video projections...

600x362
Photo: Thomas Hawk, Flickr
A car on display at the Petersen Auto Museum.

There are few things that make American dads happier than cars, baseball and burgers. I’ve incorporated all three in my list of ideas for Father’s Day — though, of course, your dad would probably appreciate these outings...

600x362
Photo by Kiersten Chou

When people talk about stargazing in New York, they usually mean spotting celebrities. But the city offers some amazing opportunities to gaze upon the real thing — the stars, the planets and all things celestial....

600x362
The Normandie capsized in New York.

Although the Titanic never made it to New York, there’s plenty of history to be found here on the ship and its passengers — especially now, on the centennial of its sinking. One of the best places to start is...