Latest Scoops in Galleries

Shot by Thiago Da Costa. Edited by Melissa Friedling.

There's no better way to get acquainted with Miami's thriving artist community than Bakehouse Art Complex, where on special nights...

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang.

In New York, you can visit plenty of art museums dedicated to the works of artists long gone. But only the New Museum throws a world-class spotlight on living artists...

Shot and edited by Jack Gordon

While the crowds head to the Met, you should detour to The Frick Collection, one of New York's most dazzling and intimate museums...

Shot by Thiago Da Costa. Edited by Justin Schultz

I spent a portion of my youth in Japan, so San Francisco's Japantown is a special place for me. If you want a crash course in everything that's hot in contemporary Japan, then New People is the perfect place...

600x362
Photo: Christopher Anderson, New York Magazine
The Family Business gallery in west Chelsea.

Once upon a time, when guests wanted to check out New York’s contemporary art scene, I sent them to SoHo. Today, I send shoppers there instead, and art seekers to west Chelsea...

Jose Lopez

By Jose Lopez of Palace Hotel, San Francisco
February 27, 2012 | San Francisco, USA
600x362
Darioush Winery, inspired by Persepolis. Photo by jimg944, Flickr.

From San Francisco where is the best vineyard to visit and are there shuttles?

— aoifefreeman

600x362

As strange as it sounds, one of Santa Monica's best-kept secrets is its most thrilling arts center. That's mostly because of its location: right by the freeway in a sort of nowhere-ville part of town...

Shot by Thiago Da Costa. Edited by Justin Schultz.

Whether you're looking for a lovely little stroll amid historic architecture, or to shop for some amazing antiques, Jackson Square seems to have something for everyone...

600x362
Phillip Pessar, Flickr

I’ve written about the monthly art walks in Wynwood, when galleries open their doors, pour a little wine, and show off their latest collections. But it’s not the only part of town bringing together the art cognoscenti...

600x362
indefinitetransit.com

Spring is the season for gallery hopping. And the Lower East Side is a great place to start. There's nowhere else in Manhattan that's seen such an explosion of gallery growth over the past five years. Sure, Chelsea has more of them (over 300), but the Lower East Side has gone from less than a dozen small spaces just five years ago to around 100 today, making it the neighborhood with the second-highest concentration of galleries in Manhattan...