Latest Scoops in Architecture

Shot and edited by Melissa Friedling

This year, the flagship building of the New York Public Library celebrates its centennial.

The iconic marble building towering over Fifth Avenue took 12 years to build. And now, the walls of the facade — 12 inches thick, by the way — are newly gleaming thanks to a recently completed, $50-million restoration...

600x362

Every time I enter The Frick, I get this feeling that I’m some sort of 19th-century dignitary arriving for a private soiree. I love that sense of stateliness when strolling through the garden court, where I often...

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Katie Ennis, Zack Wolder

Miami's Design District is fast becoming a hub for some of the city's hottest galleries and showrooms.

But the neighborhood is also home to one of the most distinctive children's store in America...

600x362
Miamism, Flickr

Miami is abuzz with symphony fever! Today marks the opening of a new concert hall designed by legendary architect Frank Gehry for the New World Symphony. And the symphony is celebrating with...

600x362

New York changes so quickly; in less than a decade, it can totally reinvent itself. As a concierge, I am constantly asked by guests if such-and-such a place they used to visit still exists. Everyone has a memory of what their New York used to be like. That's why I've decided to start...

600x362

What fortress on Park Avenue conceals 17 intact interiors from the 19th century? The Park Avenue Armory — a staunch, red brick “castle” that stretches from 66th to 67th Street...

600x362
One if by Land, Two if by Sea on Barrow Street

The West Village was the first place I visited when I came to New York 20 years ago. Week after week, I find myself drawn back there for one reason or another, and so when a guest recently asked me for “a charming time downtown,” I knew exactly where to send her...

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Katie Ennis, Zack Wolder.

Miami is now a powerhouse city for international fashion and local designers. And one of my favorite boutiques in the city is The Webster, a three-level multi-brand emporium housed in a historical Art Deco building in South Beach. And of course with this being Miami, The Webster would not be complete without a chic rooftop lounge...

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Justin Schultz

Guess who's celebrating their 75th birthday?

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Justin Schultz

New York is one of those rare cities where the name of a neighborhood can change within a generation. And Nolita is one of those neighborhoods. This little downtown plot — roughly south of Houston, west of the Bowery — is still considered part of Little Italy by the old-timers who live there (as opposed to “North of Little Italy”). But to the locals who pack its one-of-a-kind boutiques and watering holes, this hood is distinctly Nolita...