Latest Scoops in Architecture

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Katie Ennis, Zack Wolder

When most people think of Museum Mile, they immediately feel the gravitational pull of the Met. However, for guests who don't want to spend an entire day at a museum, my tip is to send them straight to 90th Street and Fifth Avenue. This intersection is the perfect nexus for some of the best uptown highlights...

600x362
Photo: baldpunk.com

With the disappearance of the Fulton Fish Market in 2005, the recent rise of luxury condos, and the relentless greening of the waterfront, South Street Seaport has outgrown its old touristy self and evolved into one of downtown Manhattan’s most vibrant neighborhoods...

Shot by Thiago Da Costa. Edited by Justin Schultz.

Whether you're looking for a lovely little stroll amid historic architecture, or to shop for some amazing antiques, Jackson Square seems to have something for everyone...

600x362

As you head towards the East River on 61st Street, nothing seems out of the ordinary at first: you’ll pass some neighborhood restaurants, and a big Bed, Bath and Beyond. But if you press on toward York Avenue, you’ll come upon...

600x362

People travel the world over to see Stonehenge or the Taj Mahal. But Miami has its own man-made wonder...

600x362

There’s a rather curious museum in the heart of downtown Santa Monica where everything is miniature. I’m talking the people, the furniture, even the fixtures. Few locals even realize it exists...

600x362
Phillip Pessar, Flickr

I’ve written about the monthly art walks in Wynwood, when galleries open their doors, pour a little wine, and show off their latest collections. But it’s not the only part of town bringing together the art cognoscenti...

Shot by Thiago Da Costa. Edited by Melissa Friedling.

Everything that makes Miami so appealing seems to converge at South Pointe Park. Popular with locals but lesser known to visitors, this park sits right at the southern tip of Miami Beach...

600x362
HipShops.com

On the few lunch hours when I actually leave my desk, I sometimes head over the road to the furniture and home goods shop, The Future Perfect on Great Jones Street. This one-of-a-kind place is more than just a store...

600x362
Nick Harris1, Flickr

The city has been buzzing about the opening of the newest section of the High Line — an abandoned elevated railway that in just two years has become one of New York’s most popular parks.

Well, I’ve just gotten word that the opening is June 8...