Latest Scoops in Japanese

Shot and edited by Ramon Campos.

When you think of New York's best cupcake, you probably don't imagine tofu on the ingredient list. But that hasn't stopped Kyotofu from piling up the awards for their sublime desserts...

Tea connoisseurs take note: there's a discreet haven in midtown Manhattan with 100 loose-leaf varieties from all over the world...

If you had only one day to eat in New York City, you could go dizzy trying to sample all its best food. Luckily, there's a place...

600x362
Paradise Cove by millerm217, Flickr

I'm back with Part II: expert tips from members of my Fairmont Miramar family. I've had so much fun this past year sharing my insider tips with you that I thought I'd let some of my colleagues...

600x362
Photo: lotusutol, Flickr

In LA, there's more to the sushi scene than Nobu. In fact, you'll find some of the city's best sushi in the places you'd least expect. You just need an insider to help you find them...

Shot by Thiago Da Costa. Edited by Justin Schultz

I spent a portion of my youth in Japan, so San Francisco's Japantown is a special place for me. If you want a crash course in everything that's hot in contemporary Japan, then New People is the perfect place...

600x362

When you see photos of Jessica Alba pushing her kids on the swings or Minnie Driver chasing her son around a sunny little playground, they’re usually at...

600x362
Outdoor dining at Uva.

It’s 11:30pm and you’re famished. You’re out with your lightweight friends who don’t eat more than a nibble of a salad. You realize you’re heading toward a crisis situation when, between all the gossip and giggles, you catch yourself eyeing the tapas plate and counting how many each person ate. You need more… a lot more! So here’s what you do when the clock strikes midnight...

600x362

As a child growing up in Kobe, Japan, I used to stop by a bakery on the way back from school every day to pick up mochi and manju — the yummiest...

600x362
Photo: baldpunk.com

With the disappearance of the Fulton Fish Market in 2005, the recent rise of luxury condos, and the relentless greening of the waterfront, South Street Seaport has outgrown its old touristy self and evolved into one of downtown Manhattan’s most vibrant neighborhoods...