Latest Scoops in Food and Drink

Shot and edited by Jack Gordon

Gone are the days when my guests wouldn't step foot in Harlem — now they're clamoring for it!

There's no better introduction to the neighborhood than Red Rooster...

600x362
nicjennsocietyfinch.wordpress.com/

Santa Monica’s star chef, Ray Garcia, is on a culinary mission: to serve meals with locally grown ingredients. In case you need proof, there's Garcia's popular farm-to-table series, “Farm Dinners"...

600x362
Caravan of Dreams

The East Village, for my money, has a better selection of vegetarian restaurants than anywhere else in the city. But the one place that keeps me coming back is Caravan of Dreams...

600x362
Daniel Krieger

Watch out, West Village — the Upper East Side has another gastropub...

600x362
Tina Wong, The Wandering Eater
Fried pork and crispy oyster salad at Kin Shop

In the ‘90s, Thai food became the new Chinese: a proliferation of formulaic and irksomely decorated restaurants. But then came a small revolution...

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang

There are few restaurants in Manhattan where an open kitchen provides better theater than at Hung Ry...

Shot and edited by Jack Gordon

British-style gastropubs are all the rage in New York these days, but until now, you had to go downtown for really good fish and chips. With the recent opening of Jones Wood Foundry, you don't have to leave the Upper East Side to get your fill of homemade crumpets and pot pies...

600x362
dlprager, Flickr
A duck etched into the froth at Urth Caffe

Santa Monica boasts plenty of noteworthy shops that brew good coffee. But being that coffee is one of the world’s most chemically treated crops, coffee houses are increasingly looking to serve up healthier stuff....

600x362
Telstar Logistics, Flickr

If you didn’t get the memo, there’s a food truck revolution rolling through cities across the U.S. And in San Francisco, it centers around Off the Grid, a street food festival that roams to....

600x362
The Lobster

In a beach town like Santa Monica, there’s one food that’s often on my guests’ minds: seafood. As you would expect, there are plenty of restaurants putting their own spin on the catch of the day, but I’ve got the inside track on three of the best...