Latest Scoops in Food and Drink

600x362
Just a portion of the view seen from Robert.

In a city full of skyscrapers, there are surprisingly few restaurants that boast a real birdseye view of New York. The most legendary, of course, was the Rainbow Room with its revolving dance floor, which closed in 2009. But just last year, a new restaurant opened...

600x362
Brandy's Piano Bar

Its 9:30 PM on East 54th Street: you can hear the tinkle of piano keys and someone singing Billy Joel. Follow the music down a set of stairs, through the swinging double doors of Bill’s — and back to a time when piano bars weren’t such a novelty in New York. If this were the 1920s you would have to knock and give a password...

600x362
jumanggy, Flickr

Even in a town that's brimming with inventive chefs, there's always a real buzz about anything Elizabeth Falkner does. So when she closed down Citizen Cake — her iconic patisserie and restaurant in Hayes Valley — only to open up a new location on Fillmore Street, I couldn't wait to check it out...

600x362

New York changes so quickly; in less than a decade, it can totally reinvent itself. As a concierge, I am constantly asked by guests if such-and-such a place they used to visit still exists. Everyone has a memory of what their New York used to be like. That's why I've decided to start...

600x362
Karmacamilleeon, Flickr
Food from the Kogi food truck.

What is it about gourmet food trucks that’s driving us all crazy with delight these days? Maybe it’s the hide-and-seek fun of tracking our favorites? Personally, I think it’s that we’re just so amazed how good food can come out of impossibly cramped, strictly utilitarian quarters. Whatever it is, the love affair is only heating up in Santa Monica...

600x362

For me and my fellow Argentines, empanadas are a comfort food. Savory turnovers typically stuffed with beef, chicken or vegetables, empanadas are what we make when we get the family all together. And every Argentinian family seems to have its own secret recipes, or little tricks to making them just right. But empanadas are not only homecooking...

600x362

I've lived in Hell's Kitchen for the past 20 years, and witnessed its change from rough-and-tumble area to the gentrified and buzzy neighborhood it is today. As the shift took shape, you could trace the changes on Ninth Avenue, the neighborhood's great food boulevard...

600x362
One if by Land, Two if by Sea on Barrow Street

The West Village was the first place I visited when I came to New York 20 years ago. Week after week, I find myself drawn back there for one reason or another, and so when a guest recently asked me for “a charming time downtown,” I knew exactly where to send her...

600x362
FoArgyle, Flickr

If there's one store in New York I'd recommend getting lost in for an entire day, it's ABC Carpet & Home in the Flatiron district. It's pretty easy to do, considering that...

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Katie Ennis, Zack Wolder.

Miami is now a powerhouse city for international fashion and local designers. And one of my favorite boutiques in the city is The Webster, a three-level multi-brand emporium housed in a historical Art Deco building in South Beach. And of course with this being Miami, The Webster would not be complete without a chic rooftop lounge...