Latest Scoops in Food and Drink

600x362
Scared Panda, Flickr

You could be forgiven if you hadn't heard of the Hester Street Fair when it debuted last summer. This year, however, Lower East Side locals — and fans from further afield — look set to turn the event into a neighborhood must-do...

600x362
Santheo, Flickr

I’m hosting a sleepover for 10 10-year-olds: On Saturday we’re doing a SciFi movie in the backyard with smores. On Sunday we’re going to Maker Faire and Smitten Ice Cream. My question is where do we do breakfast on Sunday morning?

mschott | San Rafael, CA

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Katie Ennis, Zack Wolder

My job is to scour the neighborhood for the best experiences I can recommend to my guests (and you!). But sometimes what they're looking for is right under the hotel's own roof — or on top...

600x362
Imbibe Magazine

What do you call a secret bar that's housed within an already secret bar? The Wilson, of course.

The new speakeasy-styled nightspot is the latest creation from the folks behind Bourbon & Branch, a reservations-only cocktail bar in the Tenderloin that used to be an actual speakeasy back in the day...

600x362
Shadow becomes White, Flickr

If there's one street in Hayes Valley that gets people giddy with excitement, I'd have to say it's Linden Alley (or Linden Street to give it its official name). That's mostly because of Blue Bottle Coffee and Miette (stay tuned for my upcoming video on their delectable cakes and candy). Now there's a new fix on the block: Smitten Ice Cream...

600x362
Adams K, Flickr

Guests often ask me where the locals like to chill out and meet for a drink. Well, you’ll find many of our local beer connoisseurs at the Library Alehouse, which has one of the most impressive beer selections around...

600x362

Spring is full of excuses to go for brunch: Easter, Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day and Father's Day — who’s with me?

Here are my top recommendations for a leisurely Sunday brunch...

600x362
Pabo76, Flickr
Kashkaval

The word tapa has firmly taken root in our collective vocabulary, but the Spaniards aren’t the only ones with a long history of making a meal out of tasty little dishes. You’ll find the same concept — called meze — in most eastern Mediterranean cuisines...

600x362
Tokyo Food Cast, Flickr

A few weeks back I blogged about the annual Cherry Blossom Festival, and it got me thinking about sake and about a very special store in San Francisco where you can discover a whole world of rice wine unlike anything else in town.

Sake is a big part of the springtime season, and a huge part of Japanese culture, period. My first memories of sake were as a 10-year-old boy living in Kobe. No, I wasn't an under-age alcoholic...

Shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Katie Ennis, Zack Wolder

Mary Brickell Village is home to some of my favorite boutiques. In my latest video, I take you shopping for one-of-a-kind clothing inspired by glittering Indian designs and rich truffles made by a meticulous French chocolatier. Come join me...