Latest Scoops in Cocktails

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang.

It's summertime in the city, and there's no better way to enjoy it than with a round of refreshing cocktails, a few tasty tapas and a group of friends.

The perfect place for that? Oficina Latina, where...

600x362
Muckster, Flickr

Gone is the day when travelers to New York City refuse to leave the confines of Manhattan Island. At first it was a few renegades requesting dining and nightclubs in Williamsburg. Now, they are shopping and gallery-hopping out there, and I receive daily requests for outer borough experiences.    One of my favorites is in Astoria (no longer just a place for great...

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Katie Ennis, Zack Wolder

Where can you sip some of the best tequila in New York City?

You'll have to look hard to find it. Without any signage, Mayahuel flies beneath the radar — but is well worth searching for...

600x362
Imbibe Magazine

What do you call a secret bar that's housed within an already secret bar? The Wilson, of course.

The new speakeasy-styled nightspot is the latest creation from the folks behind Bourbon & Branch, a reservations-only cocktail bar in the Tenderloin that used to be an actual speakeasy back in the day...

600x362
Zagat Buzz

It's hard to imagine that Joe's Pub has been a fixture of the East Village nightlife scene for only 13 years. Of all the live venues in New York, it's the one that feels the most inviting, the most intimate, the most loved by musicians. In fact, its whole cabaret-bar set-up with cocktail tables reminds me of the legendary Ronnie Scott's in London, my favorite jazz club in the world...

600x362
Anjuli_ayer, Flickr

There’s a favorite tapa of mine that I’ve only eaten in Spain: pimientos de padrón, which are small green peppers, served well salted and slightly charred. They’re considered a gastronomic game of Russian roulette...

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Katie Ennis, Zack Wolder.

Coffee as rich as the Viennese like it. Cocktails made with the precision of a scientist and the imagination of an artist...

600x362

Nowhere in New York is more fixated with split-personality spaces than the East Village and Lower East Side. It seems like everywhere you turn now there's a boutique-and-bar or hotdog-shop-cum-speakeasy. But my favorite mixed-use space is a barbershop with a twist...