Latest Scoops in Chinese

Shot and edited by Ramon Campos.

Tea connoisseurs take note: there's a discreet haven in midtown Manhattan with 100 loose-leaf varieties from all over the world...

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang.

New York's oldest dim sum parlor has been re-born, and is now one of the hidden highlights of New York's Chinatown — that is, if you can find it...

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Justin Schultz.
Inside the Fortune Cookie Factory

Ross Alley, in San Francisco's Chinatown, was once home to mostly gamblers and prostitutes. Today, it's where fortune cookies are still made the old-fashioned way...

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang.

There's a secret Mexican bar and restaurant in the most unlikeliest of neighborhoods...

600x362
Photo: Bon Appetit

OK, so the secret on my favorite Chinese restaurant is out. Bon Appetit just named it the second-best new restaurant in America...

Shot and edited by Melissa Friedling

Overseen by celebrity chef Todd English, The Plaza Food Hall is a glittering and bustling homage to international cuisine — tucked in a somewhat secretive subterranean space...

600x362

High above Broadway’s honking horns there’s an oasis of temporary escape. It’s Wei Lang Spa, tucked in the back of a nondescript SoHo building...

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang

There are few restaurants in Manhattan where an open kitchen provides better theater than at Hung Ry...

600x362
Anjuli_ayer, Flickr

There’s a favorite tapa of mine that I’ve only eaten in Spain: pimientos de padrón, which are small green peppers, served well salted and slightly charred. They’re considered a gastronomic game of Russian roulette...

600x362
Mimi Ritzen Crawford, WSJ

When Hung Ry opened up a few months ago, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect: A Chinese noodle shop with pseudo-industrial décor and a highly experimental menu on one of the trendiest blocks in NoHo...