Latest Scoops in Dessert

600x362
Cake Shop

As someone who used to work in a record shop for over 20 years, I’m choosy about where I get my music. Fortunately, the best shops are right here in the East Village and the Lower East Side...

Shot by Joshua Homnick. Edited by Ramon Campos.

Organic ingredients from local farms? Check. Each scoop made fresh to order, using liquid nitrogren? Check. Deliciously smooth, creamy ice cream? Check...

Shot and edited by Ramon Campos.

When you think of New York's best cupcake, you probably don't imagine tofu on the ingredient list. But that hasn't stopped Kyotofu from piling up the awards for their sublime desserts...

Shot and edited by Ramon Campos.

If you had only one day to eat in New York City, you could go dizzy trying to sample all its best food. Luckily, there's a place...

Shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Justin Schultz.

Two of my favorite sweet shops are just around the corner from each other in hip Hayes Valley. The charming Miette is a walk down memory lane...

Shot by Thiago Da Costa. Edited by Justin Schultz

I spent a portion of my youth in Japan, so San Francisco's Japantown is a special place for me. If you want a crash course in everything that's hot in contemporary Japan, then New People is the perfect place...

Shot and edited by Ramon Campos

In a city where smoking is banned practically everywhere, Club Macanudo feels deeply illicit...

600x362
Photo: Bonnie Tsang, ohjoy.blogs.com
Sprinkles' 24-hour cupcake ATM.

We’ve all been hit by it. Somewhere around midnight — after a night out with friends, or a night in, writing papers — we are inexplicably struck by a powerful craving for something sweet. Fortunately, in this town, there are quality alternatives to rifling around the kitchen for a half-eaten packet of stale Oreos...

600x362
Foam art at Caffe Luxxe in Santa Monica. (Photo by Ally Winters)

With the opening of The Refinery, a coffee bar specializing in single-serve drip coffee brewed to order, it’s finally safe to say that Santa Monica has become a destination for the coffee cognoscenti...

600x362
Photo: Jetta Girl, Flickr

One of my fondest guest requests came from an Italian doctor who works for one of the world’s most jet-set royal families. He appeared at the concierge desk one day, and proposed a challenge: “What is the best cheesecake in New York? Do you really know?”...