Latest Scoops in Bars

600x362

Despite its name, Heidi’s House is not what you might expect. It’s not an adorable Swiss chalet modeled after something in Heidi. But it is a place Heidi might have opened had she moved to the East Village, become an artist and...

600x362
Photo: bloggingthesuburbs.com

Miami isn’t a place you’d expect to find people dressed in dirndls and lederhosen, but I wouldn’t be surprised to spot a few during Oktoberfest...

600x362
Chris Bushnell

As a concierge I'm always being asked about the hottest bars and restaurants in town. And, frankly, it's a full-time occupation just trying to keep track. But whenever a guest asks me to recommend a more classic, old-time experience, I send them to Bix...

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang.

There's a secret Mexican bar and restaurant in the most unlikeliest of neighborhoods...

Shot and edited by Jack Gordon

Candle 79 is an elegant Upper East Side restaurant that just happens to be vegan. As a confirmed carnivore, I'm telling you this: you won't even miss the meat...

Shot by Thiago Da Costa. Edited by Justin Schultz.

The Cow Hollow neighborhood is a lovely area for strolling, shopping and dining. Follow me to two of my favorite places...

Shot and edited by Jack Gordon

British-style gastropubs are all the rage in New York these days, but until now, you had to go downtown for really good fish and chips. With the recent opening of Jones Wood Foundry, you don't have to leave the Upper East Side to get your fill of homemade crumpets and pot pies...

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang.

It's summertime in the city, and there's no better way to enjoy it than with a round of refreshing cocktails, a few tasty tapas and a group of friends.

The perfect place for that? Oficina Latina, where...

600x362

When Sloane opened up in SoMa at the end of 2009 it had everything going for it, or almost everything: live DJs, a cool lounge-bar layout, and a great party atmosphere in an up-and-coming area for upscale nightspots.

The one thing missing, though, was a proper dance floor. Well, welcome Sloane Squared: same spot but with 6,000 square-feet more fun.

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Katie Ennis, Zack Wolder

Where can you sip some of the best tequila in New York City?

You'll have to look hard to find it. Without any signage, Mayahuel flies beneath the radar — but is well worth searching for...