Latest Scoops in Family

600x362
Mark McLaughlin, Flickr

Theatrical magic shows didn’t die with the days of Houdini — they are alive and well right here in Santa Monica...

600x362

Visitors to San Francisco are sometimes surprised to learn that we have a huge opera following here (the second largest opera company in America, in fact). They're also surprised to learn that tickets have now crept close to $300! Thankfully, we have a series of free outdoor concerts...

Shot and edited by Melissa Friedling

Overseen by celebrity chef Todd English, The Plaza Food Hall is a glittering and bustling homage to international cuisine — tucked in a somewhat secretive subterranean space...

600x362
eateveryday.blogspot.com
Chocolate chip cookies by The Cookie Guru

In this day and age of fancy doughnuts and cupcake boutiques, sometimes I crave something simpler — like good old-fashioned milk and cookies...

600x362
DarkB4Dawn, Flickr
Sockerbit

Who enjoys summertime more than the Swedes? After a dark winter with little daylight, they revel in unusually long summer days. While New York can’t bask in its own midnight sun, there are plenty of other fine Swedish experiences you can enjoy...

600x362

There’s a rather curious museum in the heart of downtown Santa Monica where everything is miniature. I’m talking the people, the furniture, even the fixtures. Few locals even realize it exists...

Shot and edited by Melissa Friedling

The Central Park Zoo may be petite in size, but it packs a big punch. With dozens upon dozens of animals to see, you need to know a few insider tips to make the most of your visit...

600x362

Who’s ready for Shark Week?!

The Discovery Channel’s wildly popular programming event is a summer tradition we don’t miss in my home. This year it kicks off July 31. But in addition to watching the powerful predators on the tube, I will be having my own close encounters of the shark kind...

Shot by Thiago Da Costa. Edited by Melissa Friedling.

Everything that makes Miami so appealing seems to converge at South Pointe Park. Popular with locals but lesser known to visitors, this park sits right at the southern tip of Miami Beach...

600x362
Scott Wall

There’s an enchanting little forest in San Francisco’s Sunset District, and it’s home to Stern Grove Festival, the nation’s oldest, free arts festival, operating since 1938...