Latest Scoops in Family

600x362
Liftoff for Fairmont Miramar concierge Rick Graham and his nephews.

There are so many water sports that take at least a little bit of skill. But there's one that you can do without any effort at all...

600x362
SMWalton73, Flickr

South of Miami Beach is a barrier island called Key Biscayne with acres and acres of shorefront parkland, not to mention beautiful beaches, which makes it a particularly fun place for...

600x362
Photo by Ally Winters
Sheri kills it in a surfing lesson at Bay Street, Santa Monica.

I grew up in Orange County — California's surfing mecca — so learning to surf was as natural as learning to ride a bike. Until recently, though, it had been a long time since I attempted to ride a wave...

600x362
Photo: Thomas Hawk, Flickr
A car on display at the Petersen Auto Museum.

There are few things that make American dads happier than cars, baseball and burgers. I’ve incorporated all three in my list of ideas for Father’s Day — though, of course, your dad would probably appreciate these outings...

600x362
Photo by Kiersten Chou

When people talk about stargazing in New York, they usually mean spotting celebrities. But the city offers some amazing opportunities to gaze upon the real thing — the stars, the planets and all things celestial....

600x362

Let’s all be honest: on Mother’s Day, we often fall back on the usual — we take mom out for a fancy brunch. But I’ve got a better idea this year...

600x362
The Rosenthal Estate.

You don’t need to drive to Santa Barbara or Santa Ynez to get a taste of wine country. Perched in the mountains of Malibu are dozens of wineries, several with tasting rooms and tours. Believe it or not...

600x362
The Normandie capsized in New York.

Although the Titanic never made it to New York, there’s plenty of history to be found here on the ship and its passengers — especially now, on the centennial of its sinking. One of the best places to start is...

600x362
Photo: revenante, Flickr

When Angeli Caffe closed earlier this year, there was a collective mourning for the beloved Italian eatery by chef Evan Kleiman. It wasn’t only for her gnocchi and pizza, but also the special feasts, including the annual Passover dinner she held for 27 years.

Well, I’ve got some juicy news for Angeli fans and general food-lovers alike...

600x362
Photo by dnotivol, Flickr

For my two home-schooled children, all of New York was their classroom — but especially the Museum of Natural History. So much more than a museum to visit for just an afternoon, it’s a place of...