Latest Scoops in Nightlife

600x362
Dacran, Flickr
Borscht at Veselka (yes, it really is that color).

This week I’m handing over this space to guest blogger, Aron Kelly, who’s our lobby bar manager at The Bowery Hotel.

Contrary to popular myth, New York is a city that sleeps — normally around three in the morning on weeknights. But that's not to say you can't find a few great places to eat in the middle of the night. You just need to know where to look...

600x362
Muckster, Flickr

Gone is the day when travelers to New York City refuse to leave the confines of Manhattan Island. At first it was a few renegades requesting dining and nightclubs in Williamsburg. Now, they are shopping and gallery-hopping out there, and I receive daily requests for outer borough experiences.    One of my favorites is in Astoria (no longer just a place for great...

600x362

When Sloane opened up in SoMa at the end of 2009 it had everything going for it, or almost everything: live DJs, a cool lounge-bar layout, and a great party atmosphere in an up-and-coming area for upscale nightspots.

The one thing missing, though, was a proper dance floor. Well, welcome Sloane Squared: same spot but with 6,000 square-feet more fun.

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Katie Ennis, Zack Wolder

Where can you sip some of the best tequila in New York City?

You'll have to look hard to find it. Without any signage, Mayahuel flies beneath the radar — but is well worth searching for...

600x362
Imbibe Magazine

What do you call a secret bar that's housed within an already secret bar? The Wilson, of course.

The new speakeasy-styled nightspot is the latest creation from the folks behind Bourbon & Branch, a reservations-only cocktail bar in the Tenderloin that used to be an actual speakeasy back in the day...

600x362
Adams K, Flickr

Guests often ask me where the locals like to chill out and meet for a drink. Well, you’ll find many of our local beer connoisseurs at the Library Alehouse, which has one of the most impressive beer selections around...

600x362
Mynt Lounge

What clubs would you recommend in Miami? 

— mperry25 | Los Angeles, CA

600x362

You’d think in a place like sunny Santa Monica, outdoor movies wouldn’t be so hard to come by. During the summer, the pier usually hosts free outdoor movies, best enjoyed on a picnic blanket, with some buttery popcorn from a nearby concession.

But who wants to wait until summer?...

600x362
Robby Campbell of BeachedMiami.com

If you want a taste of Miami’s art and design scene, then mark your calendar for the second Saturday of the month. That’s when dozens of galleries in both Wynwood and the Design District...

600x362
Zagat Buzz

It's hard to imagine that Joe's Pub has been a fixture of the East Village nightlife scene for only 13 years. Of all the live venues in New York, it's the one that feels the most inviting, the most intimate, the most loved by musicians. In fact, its whole cabaret-bar set-up with cocktail tables reminds me of the legendary Ronnie Scott's in London, my favorite jazz club in the world...