Latest Scoops in Nightlife

600x362

Malibu is known for its multi-million-dollar mansions and its star-studded beaches but certainly not its nightlife. For a long time it was hard to recommend a place to my guests who were looking for a cool, casual drink at the end of a sunset drive up the coast. But that all changed...

600x362
Flydime, Flickr

Miami may be the city of salsa, but it’s not the only Latin dance that brings us to our feet. At Tapas y Tintos, one of my favorite night spots, you can get a taste of tango...

600x362

Despite its name, Heidi’s House is not what you might expect. It’s not an adorable Swiss chalet modeled after something in Heidi. But it is a place Heidi might have opened had she moved to the East Village, become an artist and...

600x362
Photo: bloggingthesuburbs.com

Miami isn’t a place you’d expect to find people dressed in dirndls and lederhosen, but I wouldn’t be surprised to spot a few during Oktoberfest...

600x362
Chris Bushnell

As a concierge I'm always being asked about the hottest bars and restaurants in town. And, frankly, it's a full-time occupation just trying to keep track. But whenever a guest asks me to recommend a more classic, old-time experience, I send them to Bix...

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang.

There's a secret Mexican bar and restaurant in the most unlikeliest of neighborhoods...

600x362
Mark McLaughlin, Flickr

Theatrical magic shows didn’t die with the days of Houdini — they are alive and well right here in Santa Monica...

600x362
Phillip Pessar, Flickr

I’ve written about the monthly art walks in Wynwood, when galleries open their doors, pour a little wine, and show off their latest collections. But it’s not the only part of town bringing together the art cognoscenti...

600x362
Elizabeth McQuern

Miami may be better known for its dance clubs, but we also have a great comedy scene. If you’re interested in seeing the kind of accomplished comedians that often grace your television screen...

600x362
Gnoslis Media, Flickr

You can pay good money for a concert under the stars at the Greek Theater or the Hollywood Bowl, two of Los Angeles’ outdoor amphitheaters. Or, you can keep that cash in your wallet (and your butt in a beach chair) while still enjoying the same world-class musicians right on Santa Monica Pier...