Latest Scoops in Beach

600x362
Paradise Cove by millerm217, Flickr

I'm back with Part II: expert tips from members of my Fairmont Miramar family. I've had so much fun this past year sharing my insider tips with you that I thought I'd let some of my colleagues...

600x362
SMWalton73, Flickr

South of Miami Beach is a barrier island called Key Biscayne with acres and acres of shorefront parkland, not to mention beautiful beaches, which makes it a particularly fun place for...

600x362
Photo by Ally Winters
Sheri kills it in a surfing lesson at Bay Street, Santa Monica.

I grew up in Orange County — California's surfing mecca — so learning to surf was as natural as learning to ride a bike. Until recently, though, it had been a long time since I attempted to ride a wave...

600x362
Photo by Steve Crane, Flickr

Ladies, it’s bikini season, and if there’s one piece of clothing we all want to get right, it’s this — the most revealing garment in our summer closet...

600x362

Whenever a guest wants to hit the Golden Gate Bridge, I often tell them to skip it (it's usually too foggy and windy up there), and head straight to...

600x362

We’ve all seen those dreamy aerial photographs of Indian Ocean atolls — circular or crescent-shaped islands with gorgeous blue lagoons in the middle. Well, guess what? Miami’s got one of those...

600x362
Mark McLaughlin, Flickr

Lots of people know Muscle Beach in Venice, where famous bodybuilders have honed their biceps, including Arnold Schwarzenegger (long before he became the Governator).   But did you know that the original Muscle Beach was right here in Santa Monica?...

Shot by Thiago Da Costa. Edited by Melissa Friedling

The only five-star rated spa in Miami is The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Miami. From massages on your own private beach to a soaking tub with waterviews, I'll show you why it's earned its stars...

600x362

Who’s ready for Shark Week?!

The Discovery Channel’s wildly popular programming event is a summer tradition we don’t miss in my home. This year it kicks off July 31. But in addition to watching the powerful predators on the tube, I will be having my own close encounters of the shark kind...

Shot by Thiago Da Costa. Edited by Melissa Friedling.

Everything that makes Miami so appealing seems to converge at South Pointe Park. Popular with locals but lesser known to visitors, this park sits right at the southern tip of Miami Beach...