Latest Scoops in Art

Shot and edited by Ramon Campos.

Someone who says the independent bookstore is dead is someone who's never known Rizzoli. This exquisite Manhattan bookstore is a treasure trove of big, beautiful books and is full of nooks where you can curl up and read...

Shot and edited by Jack Gordon

There's a castle on Park Avenue that hides a history many New Yorkers don't even know. The richest men of the Gilded Age used this building...

600x362
Stanley Kubrick exhibit at LACMA

You could spend a day at LACMA —Los Angeles County Museum of Art — and get a taste of the entire history of world art (the collection counts 100,000 objects). But I recently visited for something a little bit different...

Shot by Thiago Da Costa. Edited by Melissa Friedling.

There's no better way to get acquainted with Miami's thriving artist community than Bakehouse Art Complex, where on special nights...

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang.

In New York, you can visit plenty of art museums dedicated to the works of artists long gone. But only the New Museum throws a world-class spotlight on living artists...

Shot and edited by Jack Gordon

While the crowds head to the Met, you should detour to The Frick Collection, one of New York's most dazzling and intimate museums...

Shot by Thiago Da Costa. Edited by Justin Schultz

I spent a portion of my youth in Japan, so San Francisco's Japantown is a special place for me. If you want a crash course in everything that's hot in contemporary Japan, then New People is the perfect place...

Shot and edited by Ramon Campos

New York's oldest museum is new again. Following a three-year, $70-million renovation, the New-York Historical Society has been reborn with interactive touch screens and state-of-the-art video projections...

600x362
Photo: Christopher Anderson, New York Magazine
The Family Business gallery in west Chelsea.

Once upon a time, when guests wanted to check out New York’s contemporary art scene, I sent them to SoHo. Today, I send shoppers there instead, and art seekers to west Chelsea...

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Ramon Campos.

The first thing that hits you as you approach Kabinett & Kammer in the East Village is the horse staring back at you through the window. And the zebra. And the flamingo...