Latest Scoops in Restaurants

600x362
Dacran, Flickr
Borscht at Veselka (yes, it really is that color).

This week I’m handing over this space to guest blogger, Aron Kelly, who’s our lobby bar manager at The Bowery Hotel.

Contrary to popular myth, New York is a city that sleeps — normally around three in the morning on weeknights. But that's not to say you can't find a few great places to eat in the middle of the night. You just need to know where to look...

600x362
Muckster, Flickr

Gone is the day when travelers to New York City refuse to leave the confines of Manhattan Island. At first it was a few renegades requesting dining and nightclubs in Williamsburg. Now, they are shopping and gallery-hopping out there, and I receive daily requests for outer borough experiences.    One of my favorites is in Astoria (no longer just a place for great...

600x362
Amlamster, Flickr

Having just got back from a long weekend in Portland, I'm already feeling a little wistful for Maine's simple delights — the windswept harbor air, the cool summer nights, and those delicious roadside lobster rolls. Well, at least I can console myself with the lobster rolls. And fine ones at that...

600x362
Porfirio Rubirosa with one of his many lovers, Zsa Zsa Gabor

I first became interested in Porfirio Rubirosa, the legendary Dominican playboy, when I came to New York in 1988 and started working as a concierge at Le Parker Meridien in midtown.

The hotel was then owned by Air France and served as the principal meeting point for le Tout Paris whenever they came to New York — from Catherine Deneuve to the CEOs of ultra-French...

600x362

A decade ago, after the dot-com bubble burst, and most of the digital companies closed shop in the South Park area of SoMa, I wouldn't have sent my guests anywhere near there. But these days it's abuzz again with cool destination shopping and eating...

600x362
Nick Harris1, Flickr

The city has been buzzing about the opening of the newest section of the High Line — an abandoned elevated railway that in just two years has become one of New York’s most popular parks.

Well, I’ve just gotten word that the opening is June 8...

Shot by Thiago Da Costa. Edited by Melissa Friedling

Brickell used to be known as a briefcase neighborhood, but lately it's transformed into a hot destination all its own.

In an earlier video I showed you where to score amazing chocolate in Brickell, and for the ladies, where to find beautiful, Indian-inspired fashion. Now, it's the guys' turn...

600x362
Suzi Edwards, Flickr

Doughnuts are the new cupcakes.

That may not be news to those who've been following the doughnut craze, but did you know June 3 is National Doughnut Day? And what's more, it's not just a modern marketing ploy — its roots go back to '30s, when the event was created to honor the women who served doughnuts to soldiers during World War I...

600x362
BG at Bergdorf Goodman

Shopping in New York is like shopping nowhere else. And part of the experience is to break for lunch without ever leaving the store!

Within a number of our great department stores, you'll find jewel-box cafes serving light afternoon fare. But you'll also find them in more unexpected places too...

600x362
MuyYum, Flickr

Miami may not be known for its pizza, but that’s precisely why finding the right pizzeria is so important. When the craving hits, you don’t want to waste your time on a mediocre pie...