Latest Scoops in Restaurants

600x362
Daniel Krieger

Watch out, West Village — the Upper East Side has another gastropub...

600x362
Tina Wong, The Wandering Eater
Fried pork and crispy oyster salad at Kin Shop

In the ‘90s, Thai food became the new Chinese: a proliferation of formulaic and irksomely decorated restaurants. But then came a small revolution...

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang

There are few restaurants in Manhattan where an open kitchen provides better theater than at Hung Ry...

Shot and edited by Jack Gordon

British-style gastropubs are all the rage in New York these days, but until now, you had to go downtown for really good fish and chips. With the recent opening of Jones Wood Foundry, you don't have to leave the Upper East Side to get your fill of homemade crumpets and pot pies...

600x362
The Lobster

In a beach town like Santa Monica, there’s one food that’s often on my guests’ minds: seafood. As you would expect, there are plenty of restaurants putting their own spin on the catch of the day, but I’ve got the inside track on three of the best...

600x362
Salad at Chophouse

I am often asked to recommend a good spot for a business lunch. The criteria usually includes straightforward service (no waiting around for the check); a serene atmosphere conducive to private conversation; and dependable, unfussy cuisine (you don’t want to waste time trying to decipher the menu!)...

600x362
ghirson, Flickr

In an outdoor paradise like Santa Monica, there’s always demand for al fresco dining. But why limit yourself to a restaurant’s patio when Santa Monica has more than 20 public parks that provide the perfect backdrop to a gourmet picnic...

600x362
Bistro Chat Noir

Upper East Siders may very well have my head on a platter after I tell you where they really dine, but I’ll plead the Fifth…

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang.

It's summertime in the city, and there's no better way to enjoy it than with a round of refreshing cocktails, a few tasty tapas and a group of friends.

The perfect place for that? Oficina Latina, where...

600x362
dgmiami, Flickr

Fourth of July is around the corner, and there’s no better way to celebrate than at the big fireworks extravaganza on Miami Beach. But rather than jostle for space on the sand, I have a better idea...