Latest Scoops in Restaurants

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang.

There's a secret Mexican bar and restaurant in the most unlikeliest of neighborhoods...

600x362
Laurat, Flickr

After cupcakes and doughnuts, it was only a matter of time until New York bakers turned their attention to perhaps the most American of sweets...

Shot and edited by Jack Gordon

Candle 79 is an elegant Upper East Side restaurant that just happens to be vegan. As a confirmed carnivore, I'm telling you this: you won't even miss the meat...

600x362
Photo: Bon Appetit

OK, so the secret on my favorite Chinese restaurant is out. Bon Appetit just named it the second-best new restaurant in America...

Shot by Thiago Da Costa. Edited by Justin Schultz.

The Cow Hollow neighborhood is a lovely area for strolling, shopping and dining. Follow me to two of my favorite places...

Shot and edited by Melissa Friedling

Overseen by celebrity chef Todd English, The Plaza Food Hall is a glittering and bustling homage to international cuisine — tucked in a somewhat secretive subterranean space...

600x362
DarkB4Dawn, Flickr
Sockerbit

Who enjoys summertime more than the Swedes? After a dark winter with little daylight, they revel in unusually long summer days. While New York can’t bask in its own midnight sun, there are plenty of other fine Swedish experiences you can enjoy...

Shot and edited by Jack Gordon

Gone are the days when my guests wouldn't step foot in Harlem — now they're clamoring for it!

There's no better introduction to the neighborhood than Red Rooster...

600x362
nicjennsocietyfinch.wordpress.com/

Santa Monica’s star chef, Ray Garcia, is on a culinary mission: to serve meals with locally grown ingredients. In case you need proof, there's Garcia's popular farm-to-table series, “Farm Dinners"...

600x362
Caravan of Dreams

The East Village, for my money, has a better selection of vegetarian restaurants than anywhere else in the city. But the one place that keeps me coming back is Caravan of Dreams...