Latest Scoops in Music

600x362
Cake Shop

As someone who used to work in a record shop for over 20 years, I’m choosy about where I get my music. Fortunately, the best shops are right here in the East Village and the Lower East Side...

Shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Melissa Friedling.

It's hard not to catch salsa fever when you come to Miami — you hear the music everywhere...

600x362
Flickr: Simon M

I've had so much fun this past year sharing my insider tips with you that I thought I'd let some of my colleagues get in on the action. Here's Part One of some expert tips from...

Shot and edited by Melissa Friedling

Right in the heart of the Theater District is a church unlike any other...

600x362

The hottest club to open in Santa Monica is The Bungalow, and I'm not just saying that because it's a stone's throw from my concierge desk! The Bungalow is a 1947 former hotel bungalow that's been converted into...

600x362
Shinya, Flickr

Spending a day out on the water doesn’t necessarily mean renting a yacht to cruise the Hudson. All you have to do is head to the Frying Pan...

600x362
Photo: r3m3dy, Flickr
Finn McCool's in Santa Monica.

Santa Monica may feel as far from Ireland as the moon to the Earth, but then you’d be surprised — if you let a local be your guide, you might discover a lot more of Ireland in our corner of California than you thought...

600x362

Picture this: You're seated in an intimate wood-paneled concert hall. A renowned chamber orchestra is about to strike the first chords, or maybe a soprano her first notes. Directly behind the musicians, a series of windows frame the downtown Manhattan skyline, lights glittering in the night. This is your experience at...

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Katie Ennis, Zack Wolder

When you think of Miami nightlife, do you immediately think of thumping dance clubs? If you do, then my latest video will give you a whole new perspective...

600x362

In Santa Monica, there's one thing that signals winter is upon us, even if the weather doesn't. It's ICE...