Latest Scoops in Secret

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Justin Schultz.

You can take the man out of Paris, but I'm afraid you can't take Paris out of the man. Even though I left the French capital over 20 years ago, I still look for places in New York that remind me of home...

600x362
Science journals, medical diagrams and taxidermy decorate the walls of Bedlam.

Nightlife in Alphabet City has for decades danced to its own tune. For one thing, there are probably more bars — and more types of bars — here than in most Manhattan neighborhoods. And while the rest of New York continues to be infiltrated with soul-less vanilla boîtes, the outermost clutches of the East Village continue to sprout true neighborhood spaces with their own distinct DNA...

600x362

Nowhere in New York is more fixated with split-personality spaces than the East Village and Lower East Side. It seems like everywhere you turn now there's a boutique-and-bar or hotdog-shop-cum-speakeasy. But my favorite mixed-use space is a barbershop with a twist...

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Katie Ennis, Zack Wolder

When is a cuban sandwich shop more than just a place to grab a Sloppy Joe and a cup of coffee? When was the last time you needed to use a telephone booth? I'll answer these and other questions in my first video of the East Village, as I hit a couple of its most undercover bars and show you how to find your way in...