Latest Scoops in Secret

Shot and edited by Ramon Campos

Hommage Grooming Atelier is unlike any ordinary barbershop — though you could probably tell that from the name. Tucked inside a fifth-floor penthouse on Madison Avenue, Hommage has to be the most discreet men's salon in New York City...

Shot and edited by Ramon Campos

If going to the library is not your idea of a great night out, I'm about to change your mind. La Biblioteca de Tequila is a sexy subterranean bar with one of the city's largest collections of tequila and mezcal...

600x362
Photo: revenante, Flickr

When Angeli Caffe closed earlier this year, there was a collective mourning for the beloved Italian eatery by chef Evan Kleiman. It wasn’t only for her gnocchi and pizza, but also the special feasts, including the annual Passover dinner she held for 27 years.

Well, I’ve got some juicy news for Angeli fans and general food-lovers alike...

600x362
Curious Expeditions
The Explorer's Club

He wanted tarantulas. Meaty, hairy, fist-sized tarantulas. He wanted a lot of them too.

I have fielded many unusual guest requests during my career, but this was certainly one of the more perplexing. A particular gourmand, the guest wanted a fresh batch of tarantulas for roasting a la Fear Factor...

600x362

As strange as it sounds, one of Santa Monica's best-kept secrets is its most thrilling arts center. That's mostly because of its location: right by the freeway in a sort of nowhere-ville part of town...

600x362

Many a first-time visitor to the Russian & Turkish Baths has felt a little intimidated upon entering. (Add disoriented, confused and freaked out to that list.) I know I was...

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Justin Schultz.
Inside the Fortune Cookie Factory

Ross Alley, in San Francisco's Chinatown, was once home to mostly gamblers and prostitutes. Today, it's where fortune cookies are still made the old-fashioned way...

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Justin Schultz

Want to know where Robert De Niro gets his shoes custom-made? Or which fashion boutique has a bank vault in its basement? Check out my video to discover some of Madison Avenue's hottest shopping secrets.

Directed and shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Thiago Da Costa, Katie Ennis, Zack Wolder

When most people think of Museum Mile, they immediately feel the gravitational pull of the Met. However, for guests who don't want to spend an entire day at a museum, my tip is to send them straight to 90th Street and Fifth Avenue. This intersection is the perfect nexus for some of the best uptown highlights...

600x362
Chris Bushnell

As a concierge I'm always being asked about the hottest bars and restaurants in town. And, frankly, it's a full-time occupation just trying to keep track. But whenever a guest asks me to recommend a more classic, old-time experience, I send them to Bix...