Latest Scoops in Bakery

Shot and edited by Jack Gordon

The perfect picnic in the park starts with food from one of my favorite New York bakeries: Orwasher's. The shop houses a 100-year-old oven that turns out some of the most amazing bread you can get in the city...

Shot and edited by Ramon Campos.

If you had only one day to eat in New York City, you could go dizzy trying to sample all its best food. Luckily, there's a place...

600x362
Photo: roboppy, Flickr

If anyone thinks that world peace can't be achieved with a bowl and a whisk, they haven't tried one of Dorie Greenspan's World Peace cookies...

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Xiao Li Tan and Zao Wang.

In New York, you can visit plenty of art museums dedicated to the works of artists long gone. But only the New Museum throws a world-class spotlight on living artists...

Shot by: Thiago Da Costa. Edited by: Justin Schultz.

Two of my favorite sweet shops are just around the corner from each other in hip Hayes Valley. The charming Miette is a walk down memory lane...

Shot by Zao Wang. Edited by Ramon Campos.

Just crowned with a coveted three-star review by The New York Times, Il Buco Alimentari & Vineria is officially New York's hottest spot for imported and homemade Italian specialties...

600x362

As a child growing up in Kobe, Japan, I used to stop by a bakery on the way back from school every day to pick up mochi and manju — the yummiest...

600x362
Laurat, Flickr

After cupcakes and doughnuts, it was only a matter of time until New York bakers turned their attention to perhaps the most American of sweets...

600x362
Photo: courtesy of the Tenement Museum

Every New Yorker knows about — and most will chime in on — the ever-running bagel debate...

600x362
eateveryday.blogspot.com
Chocolate chip cookies by The Cookie Guru

In this day and age of fancy doughnuts and cupcake boutiques, sometimes I crave something simpler — like good old-fashioned milk and cookies...