Latest Scoops in Outdoors

600x362
Rob Holland, Flickr

When Miamians have had their fill of city life, they head south to Everglades National Park. But of the park’s 2,400 square miles, I send my guests first to...

Shot by Joshua Homnick. Edited by Ramon Campos.

San Francisco is one of America's top bike destinations — and Mission Bicycle Company is leading the charge. As the only shop in town that makes its own custom cycles...

600x362
Paradise Cove by millerm217, Flickr

I'm back with Part II: expert tips from members of my Fairmont Miramar family. I've had so much fun this past year sharing my insider tips with you that I thought I'd let some of my colleagues...

600x362
Flickr: Simon M

I've had so much fun this past year sharing my insider tips with you that I thought I'd let some of my colleagues get in on the action. Here's Part One of some expert tips from...

600x362
Photo courtesy of the Santa Monica-Venice Christmas Run

Any seasoned traveler knows that the best way to take in a new city is on foot. But I'm going to take it up a notch and posit that one of the best ways to experience our corner of LA is by...

600x362
Liftoff for Fairmont Miramar concierge Rick Graham and his nephews.

There are so many water sports that take at least a little bit of skill. But there's one that you can do without any effort at all...

600x362
SMWalton73, Flickr

South of Miami Beach is a barrier island called Key Biscayne with acres and acres of shorefront parkland, not to mention beautiful beaches, which makes it a particularly fun place for...

600x362
Photo by Ally Winters
Sheri kills it in a surfing lesson at Bay Street, Santa Monica.

I grew up in Orange County — California's surfing mecca — so learning to surf was as natural as learning to ride a bike. Until recently, though, it had been a long time since I attempted to ride a wave...

600x362
Photo: Thomas Hawk, Flickr
A car on display at the Petersen Auto Museum.

There are few things that make American dads happier than cars, baseball and burgers. I’ve incorporated all three in my list of ideas for Father’s Day — though, of course, your dad would probably appreciate these outings...

600x362
Photo by Kiersten Chou

When people talk about stargazing in New York, they usually mean spotting celebrities. But the city offers some amazing opportunities to gaze upon the real thing — the stars, the planets and all things celestial....