Latest Scoops in Outdoors

600x362
Mark McLaughlin, Flickr

Lots of people know Muscle Beach in Venice, where famous bodybuilders have honed their biceps, including Arnold Schwarzenegger (long before he became the Governator).   But did you know that the original Muscle Beach was right here in Santa Monica?...

600x362

The tenth anniversary of 9/11 is an opportunity to reflect on the interdependency of all our lives — something that became so evident the day the World Trade Center came down.

I’ll never forget that morning, reaching Sixth Avenue and 54th Street on my way to work, where...

600x362

People travel the world over to see Stonehenge or the Taj Mahal. But Miami has its own man-made wonder...

600x362

Visitors to San Francisco are sometimes surprised to learn that we have a huge opera following here (the second largest opera company in America, in fact). They're also surprised to learn that tickets have now crept close to $300! Thankfully, we have a series of free outdoor concerts...

Shot and edited by Melissa Friedling

The Central Park Zoo may be petite in size, but it packs a big punch. With dozens upon dozens of animals to see, you need to know a few insider tips to make the most of your visit...

600x362
Telstar Logistics, Flickr

If you didn’t get the memo, there’s a food truck revolution rolling through cities across the U.S. And in San Francisco, it centers around Off the Grid, a street food festival that roams to....

Shot by Thiago Da Costa. Edited by Melissa Friedling.

Everything that makes Miami so appealing seems to converge at South Pointe Park. Popular with locals but lesser known to visitors, this park sits right at the southern tip of Miami Beach...

600x362
Scott Wall

There’s an enchanting little forest in San Francisco’s Sunset District, and it’s home to Stern Grove Festival, the nation’s oldest, free arts festival, operating since 1938... 

600x362
tarotastic, Flickr

Exercise? Pretty much never. My calorie burning comes mostly from running back and forth between the concierge desk and the back office. But this summer, three innovative fat busters in Santa Monica have piqued my interest...

600x362

I’ve had the pleasure of arranging rides for guests in The Plaza’s beautiful house car. No one ever forgets the experience of driving down Fifth Avenue in a Rolls Royce Phantom.  

Starting this month though, we’ve added a few more vehicles to the hotel’s fleet...